Manager E-Mobility Intelligence and Steering
Track the development of China NEV & charging market and competitive & legislative landscape and expand industry network for business and market intelligence to support decision making to ensure sustainable business growth for BMW NEV models in China.
BMW are operating in a very dynamic and China-specific NEV market environment. It is key for BMW to have most solid strategic & operational decisions that will define the success of BMW NEV business in China. The NEV strategic decisions can only partly be designed from global sources but need to be supported by and communicated with local market counterpart.
Take PMO lead on NEV Policy and Standard Steering across departments and improve the transparency of NEV policy/standards interpretation and in time and effective communications to top management and other key stakeholders.
Take lead in project management of the regular external research and consulting projects regarding NEV strategy related topics.
Set up and implement a comprehensive RTM Data Analytics Project and derive the implications to BMW's E-Mobility Strategy in China.
• Study the trends and dynamics of China NEV and charging sector and draw implications for BMW; Steer consulting firms incl. Tsinghua University to successfully accomplish NEV projects; Promote NEV market overview, insights and implications among BMW management and relevant departments by organizing meetings and workshops.
• Track strategic moves, business development activities and operating performance of NEV competitors; Evaluate their strengths & weaknesses, derive associated implications and counter measures.
• Steer NEV policy and standard committee meeting; Take PMO lead of implication analysis of NEV policy and standard risk topics to improve the transparency of policy/standards interpretation and ensure in time and effective communications to top management and other key stakeholders
• Support NEV strategic projects in China and Collaborate for solid strategic decisions that will define the success of BMW NEV business in China.
• Support NEV team projects related to NEV process excellence and business development.
• Prepare presentations, reports, and decision proposals for management by coordinating inputs from various NEV sources
• Investigate and manage information sources (both internal & external) for NEV business and market intelligence and expand industry networks to support business development & decision making.
• Set up and implement a comprehensive RTM Data Analytics Project and derive the implications to BMW's E-Mobility Strategy in China.
• Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with and lead other people, strong work ethic, self-confident and self-directed
• Strategic thinking skills; able to identify key points, plan and organize analyses in a structured way; Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, good sense of figures
• Deep understanding of China NEV market, Strong NEV related knowledge; Technical knowledge of e-powertrain and EV charging
• Ability and desire to multi-task. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Strong project management skills.
• Ability to identify potential problems and to provide creative solutions to existing problems
• Master of Excel and PowerPoint, able to make analyses in a highly-efficient manner, able to turn ideas into impactful PPTs and insightful stories; Strong presentation skills, able to present results in a professional way.
• Strong skill of resource integration and steering in matrix organizations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. English and Mandarin. German desirable.
• Strategy development and implementation, business development, consulting, sales and/or general management working experience.
• Automotive industry.
• Leading large, cross-functional teams.
• NEV operations experience.